vSphere 5.0 storage brought features such as VAAI, Storage DRS, Site Recovery Manager 5 and VASA, highlighting the fact that whether on a virtualized or non-virtualized platform, application performance is heavily affected by its underlying storage infrastructure. The silos that once existed between storage and VMware teams has been challenged as vSphere 5 brought to the forefront the need for a common understanding and integration. But we still had to wait for vSphere 6 to achieve the successful virtualization of Mission Critical Applications. Follow this space as we keep you updated on the launch of VMware vSphere 6 later on this year.
Top Rated Products
- vSphere Essentials for Small Business
- VMworld 2013
- What’s new in vMotion for ESX5?
- Oldies but goodies: How to install NIC drivers under ESX4.1
- Parallels Desktop 8 Review
- VMware Fusion 5 vs Parallels Desktop 8
- VMware Fusion 5 Windows 8 ISO Installation – Easy Install Video
- VMWorld 2012 – State of the Virtualization Address
- VMware Fusion 5 Imports Parallels v7 Virtual Machines
- Release the pain: Adjusting Jumbo Frames Support in ESX5 vs ESX4